LotusLovee.blogspot.com
+ FOLLOW
+ BLOGLOVIN'
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
INSTAGRAM
PINTEREST
Thursday, August 29, 2013 | 8:26 PM | 2 comments

This is my first BB cream, and everything in this content is my honest and truthful opinion. I purchased the shade Light Ochre off prettyandcute for $39.99. It has 35 grams of product and there's 2 shades to choose from; Light Ochre and Ochre. For reference I'm a NC30-40 from Mac. I don't see myself being that tan, so I got the lighter color just to be on the safe side. In case the BB cream was too pale, all I needed to do was contour.  Delivery took about 2 weeks, it was all nicely wrapped up in a bubble bag. 



fairy drops bb cream - LotusLovee.blogspot.ca fairy drops bb cream- LotusLovee.blogspot.ca


The BB cream also comes with a sponge applicator which is quite convenient. However it can be extremely unsanitary for many reasons (that I shall not go into detail).  I tried it once as you can see here, but I didn't like the results; it was quite sheer. Also I don't like spending 10 extra minutes just to stippling it on for that "airbrushed" finished. Instead I use my Sephora flat top foundation brush. 


fairy drops bb cream - LotusLovee.blogspot.ca

fairy drops bb cream - LotusLovee.blogspot.ca


Ben nye banana powder - LotusLovee.blogspot.ca


PRODUCT CLAIMS
"Fairydrops Candy Bar BB Cream was produced by Mayumi Yasutomo, a newscaster, who desired to have a product that made her skin look flawless while on camera. This shine-free, oil-free and waterproof product was the perfect solution. The product itself is a lightweight formula allowing you to apply the amount of layer you would like without feeling like your skin is being weighed down. Micro- gold pearl hides scars and freckles. Soft focus powder uses light diffusion not to show wrinkles and makes skin smooth. Cover with thin film, and protect from dry and rough skin."


MY EXPERIENCE
First impression; here the BB cream blended seamlessly into the skin. It covered up my veins, the blotchiness and unevenness of my hand. It's a good thing that this BB cream is yellow tone because from what I hear, read and experienced, many of the BB creams on the market tends to be either pink tone or grey tone which is not for me. This makes the coverage even better because on the color wheel Yellow cancel outs blue-ish, purple colors like the bags under your eyes. +1 point!

Unfortunately I'm not blessed with perfect skin. however my skin is getting better from my current skincare regime. I'm dry around the cheek and mouth area, also oily around my T-zone. So that makes me combination oily. I'm also blemish-prone, so depending on the amount of sleep I get, what I eat, and what products I use, it'll show up on my face the next day. 

Here I have broken capillaries also known as spider veins. It is basically breakage of the veins being under the exposure of the sun due to my skin being very thin. One layer of the BB cream and my skin is already looking flawless as if I had no problems to begin with. I also set it with the Ben Nye Banana Powder after around 6 hours my face will become oily again. The finish is already natural enough, I don't want to set it with any other powder foundation. Technically the Banana Powder is more of a translucent powder with yellow pigmentation, it makes the finish just absolutely beautiful. Perhaps I will do a review on the Banana Powder in the near Future. 



VERDICT
I must say, the product delivers and stay true to its words. I absolutely fell in love with it.
PROS
  • squeeze tube (full product distribution control)
  • micro-gold pearls to hide scars and freckles
  • diffuses lights to hide wrinkles
  • buildable coverage (medium-full)
  • light weight
  • shine-free
  • fragrance-free
  • oil-free
  • NO SPF
  • no reactions, no breakouts
  • affordable
CONS
  • sponge applicator
  • cannot see how much product is left
REPURCHASE?
Yes I would, if only they would make the packaging transparent so that I would know when to buy another one when it's almost running out. Too bad so sad, most BB cream packaging aren't transparent, only foundation bottles or tubs. For me personally, I don't think the sponge applicator is needed, however for others it might be convenient. Good thing the applicator is removable, just pop it off the top and store it, or clean it when it becomes dirty.
RECOMMEND?
Beginners who are seeking a natural yet good coverage for every day wear. It is suitable for all skin types


OVERALL RATINGS

Packaging: favorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow icon 3/5
Color range: favorite, rating, star, yellow icon1/5
Price: favorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow icon4/5
Moisture: favorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow iconhalf, rating, star icon4.5/5
Absorption: favorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow icon5/5
Coverage: favorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow iconfavorite, rating, star, yellow icon5/5





What about you?
which was your first BB cream?


Tia Nguyen Le - LotusLovee.blogspot.ca




Labels: ,



Older Post // \\ Newer Post
Profile







Townhouse Palette

Follow on Bloglovin




Lifestyle Blogs
Status Box


Welcome new and old visitors! I'm currently Hiatus right now.

Feel free to creep me on social media! Currently working on photography + graphic designs for my project.
About


l e t ' s - k e e p - i t - s h o r t
tia le | vietnamese | vancouver |

photographer in training
digital design noob
skin-care junkie
makeup enthusiast
accessories hoarder
university-legal admin
Contact


For Business Inquiries only.
lotuslovee@outlook.com